Employees Recognized for Years of Service

Pictured, left to right: Bryan Story, Michael Sorensen, Will Armstrong, Larry Bills, Jerry Williams, DeLana McFadden, Wade Niblett, B.J. McCoy, Drew Conder, Ryan Dean and Jose Recendiz. Not Pictured: George Wood.


Lamar Electric Cooperative recently recognized its employees for years of service and to show recognition and appreciation for the employees’ commitment to the company as well as their performance.

Every year the co-op celebrates employees’ work anniversaries in five year increments. Each employee and board member recognized was presented with a service award plaque celebrating their tenure with the company. The 12 recognized for reaching a service milestone in 2019, comprise 220 years of service to the community.

“We are proud of the dedicated and professional team that works to keep the electricity on for our members.” said Jerry Williams, Lamar Electric’s general manager. “It is not uncommon for an employee in a rural electric co-op to join the family and still be a member of that family 40 years later. Someone who has worked that long with one organization has dedicated a lifetime of service.” According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median number of years that wage and salary workers had been with their current employer was 4.2 years in January 2018.

“Lamar Electric values its staff and employee retention,” Williams said.

Employees recognized include: 45 years of service — Wade Niblett; 40 years of service — Will Armstrong and Larry Bills; 20 years of service — Drew Conder; 15 years of service — Ryan Dean; 10 years of service — DeLana McFadden, Jose Recendiz, Michael Sorensen and Jerry Williams; and 5 years of service — B.J. McCoy and Bryan Story.

The president of the board, George Wood, was also recognized for serving on the board of directors for 10 years.

Our 2019 Christmas Coloring Contest has come to a close! Thank you so very much to all of the participants that turned in beautiful artwork. We proudly displayed each coloring page at our office.

We had several judges and came up with the following winners…

K-1st Grade 

2nd-3rd Grade Winners

4th-5th Grade Winners

Each participant had their artwork prominently displayed on the wall at the co-op during the holiday season.


Checks Uncashed

In June 2018 we issued many capital credit checks. Several have gone uncashed. Some of the recipients of these checks are listed here. These people or businesses need to contact us in order for us to reissue the check. Our number is 903-784-4303.

Ag Exemptions Expiring

Ag Exemptions Expiring

If you are claiming a sales tax exemption on electricity used in the production of agricultural or timber products, you must renew your exemption by December 31 through the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. Otherwise, the co-op will be required to charge sales tax beginning in January. In addition, you will need to provide a new tax exemption certificate to Lamar Electric Cooperative by January 1.

How To Renew Exemption Registration

There are several options for renewing your exemption registration: online, by phone or by mail. Renewal by phone is the easiest. Simply dial 1-844-247-3639 any time day or night and the phone system will ask you to key in your existing exemption number. That is all you have to do. Those applying by phone will receive their new registration card by mail in about seven days. Renewal by mail requires you to return a copy of your reminder letter and could take 4-6 weeks.

Renewal can also be done online by accessing: www.comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/ag-timber/. If you want to renew online, you will be first asked to log in with your user id and password. You will then need the “webfile number” from your reminder letter. Online is a bit more complicated but in the end, you can print your own new registration card.

For more information, contact the comptroller’s office at www.comptroller.texas.gov or call 1-800-252-5555.

What To Do When Your New Registration Arrives

Once you have received your renewed registration card in the mail, you will need to fill out the appropriate sales and use tax exemption certificate. A copy of the renewed registration card along with a completed tax exemption certificate needs to be turned in to the Lamar Electric Co-op office or e-mailed to DeLana McFadden at delana@lamarelectric.coop.

You can pick up the blank agricultural exemption and timber exemption certificate forms in our office located at 1485 North Main, Paris, Texas 75460. You can also print these forms from our website at www.lamarelectric.coop. Look under forms and applications on the left side of the webpage